Support RHS Music by visiting Tigers' Den Funk Night on Thursdays. Click the picture below to download a flyer. Turn it in to your server and proceeds go to Ridgefield Music Matters, our parent booster club!
Get Involved in Ridgefield Music Matters!
Ridgefield Music Matters is a 501(c)3 registered non-profit organization, and all parents of current students are registered active members with voting privileges. It is made of both Band and Orchestra parents dedicated to collectively enhancing the music program. Its main purpose is to foster community, help with event running and planning, and fundraising for non-essential items that the school budget can not reasonably provide that would enhance the experience for our students. The group meets 3 times a year in September, February, and June unless a special meeting is called.
The purpose, as laid out in Article II of the bylaws:
a. To pool the efforts, ideas, and resources, to assist and support the Ridgefield High School Instrumental Director(s) in providing an Instrumental Music Program that will be educational, enjoyable, and rewarding for the students...
b. To assist, when requested by the Instrumental Director(s), in identifying areas for expansion and improvement of the Instrumental Music Program.
c. To assist, when requested by the Instrumental Director(s), in the communication between the Instrumental Director(s) and the parents/guardians of students in the Instrumental Music Program.
d. To encourage and foster community support and assist, when requested by the Instrumental Director(s), in keeping the community informed as to the goals, purposes, and activities of the Instrumental Music Program.
e. To raise funds to provide for the Instrumental Music Program those items/services not covered by the Ridgefield School Budget in order that the students may have music-related experiences above the basic level and beyond what the School Budget can reasonably provide...
All parents of current students enrolled in RHS instrumental courses are considered active members. There is no membership fee. Active members receive one vote on all matters for which there is a motion to vote.
Associate members include all students currently enrolled in the instrumental program, alumni (students who graduated as seniors), RHS faculty, and members of the Ridgefield community who wish to foster the purpose of the organization. Associate members do not have voting privileges.
We need volunteers from our membership to serve on the following committees. Their descriptions are laid out below in Article XX. If you are interested in serving on a committee, please contact the Recording Secretary.
Duties of the Standing Committees
1. Budget Committee - propose all estimated expenditures and recommend ways and means of raising the funds necessary to meeting said expenditures.
2. By-Laws Committee - examine the rules by which the organization operates and propose revisions to the bylaws as necessary.
3. Nominating Committee - present a slate of Officers at the Annual Meeting.
4. Banquet Committee - plan and organize the annual Banquets.
5. Fundraising Committee - plan the annual Funkraiser event and order spirit wear.
6. Band Committee -plan and organize the Concerts, Rehearsals and Festivals of the organization, and to work with the Orchestra Committee on events that involve both Band and Orchestra.
7. Orchestra Committee -plan and organize the Concerts, Rehearsals and Festivals of the organization, and to work with the Band Committee on events that involve both Band and Orchestra.
8. Publicity Committee to promote and manage the publicity of the organization.