Quick links to forms
WHAT IS FUNKRAISER MUSIC FESTIVAL?
Funkraiser Music Festival is an annual fundraising event that raises money to supplement the instrumental music program at Ridgefield High School. Rather than do a bake sale or sell candy, we instead created a single festival that provides a unique and exciting performance opportunity for our music students and gives a night of entertainment to its patrons. This year, the Funkraiser Music Festival will be an outdoor celebration of music, art, and community and will feature food trucks, inflatables, vendors, and other entertainment. Come get funky with us on June 2nd from 3pm to 10pm -- tickets are on sale at RHS during all lunch waves and at School of Rock in Ridgefield. Tickets are $10 for students and seniors, $20 for adults, and children 10 and under are free!
This isn't just your standard high school concert. The festival will feature several bands, including the highly acclaimed Funky Dawgz Brass Band and Relative Souls. The RHS Jazz Band will also perform, but in this case, big band swing just ain't their thing. These kids drop some serious funk and bring their youthful energy in their own arrangements of some classic tunes. We also bring in professional entertainers with strong ties to Ridgefield...teachers, RHS alumni, and others come together to provide this night for the kids. Check out links to performances in Funkraiser past!
RHS Jazz Band
The RHS Jazz Band is a group of extraordinarily talented young musicians. They learn all funk charts for this event. It is also an exercise in creativity as they do a lot of arranging and transcription work to put the tunes together.
Mr. Mac, the director of the RHS Jazz Band, is also an active performer and founding member of Relative Souls. The band is a mix of the various sub genres of funk and jam bands, fused with rock music. They write all originals and play all over the New England festival and club circuit, performing upwards of 50-60 shows per year.
The Funky Dawgz Brass Band
Founded by RHS alumnus Tommy Weeks, the Funky Dawgz are a second line New Orleans style brass band. In addition to their originals, they also cover a lot of popular songs and arrange them for brass band. These guys really know how to bring the party and get people moving and having fun. The Funky Dawgz play many of the same festivals and clubs that Relative Souls frequents. They have also played nationally and been to venues up and down the east coast, New Orleans, and California. Their most recent achievement included playing with Dispatch to 2 sold out performances at Madison Square Garden! Not to be missed...
WHAT DOES THE MONEY RAISED GET USED FOR?
- Purchasing or replacing equipment that is beyond the scope of what can be reasonably provided by Ridgefield Public Schools (some examples of past purchases include a state of the art sound system for the band room, two new timpani, and an electric piano)
- Put towards the cost of trips
- Bringing in professionals to teach master classes. This past year we did flute and saxophone. We would like to expand this ideally to all instruments.
HOW CAN I DONATE?
- Visit our donation page and donate online. There are also sponsorship tiers, so if you own a business or want to advertise for something, you can receive advertising in exchange for your donation.
- You can download a sponsorship form and mail it in with a check payable to Ridgefield Music Matters to ATTN: Michael McNamara, Ridgefield High School, 700 North Salem Rd, Ridgefield, CT 06877.
- Please note that to guarantee you receive all that is in your sponsorship tier, you will need to have forms in by May 15, 2017. We will continue to accept donations after that date.